Consultant Psychiatrist Opportunities – Meadowbrook Unit
Serving a population of 1.2million people, across one of the most exciting and affordable cities in Europe, GMMH is a leading specialist mental health care provider.
We employ around 5,000 people and provide community and inpatient mental health care, alongside substance misuse services across the north west.
We work closely with service users, carers and partner organisations to shape and improve our diverse range of services, from health and social care, right through to high secure provision. Our passion for co-production is demonstrated by our Recovery Academy and our commitment to providing transformative care has been recognised by the CQC who have recently rated us “Good”.
We’re searching for three exceptional Consultant Psychiatrists to join our General Adult Mental Health inpatient team at the Meadowbrook Unit in Salford. From here, we provide mental health care for patients in Manchester, Salford, Trafford and Bolton.
“These are very exciting times to work for GMMH. There is a strong emphasis on mental health across Greater Manchester. We have been able to influence the devolved wellbeing strategy and are leading on delivery of mental health services to meet the aspirations.”
Dr Chris Daly, Medical Director
We are a clinically led and operationally partnered organisation that believes in delivering kind and compassionate care. We work as a team, with excellent peer support, and have a great work environment with good trainee and speciality doctor support.
Why work for us?
- Up to £8,000 relocation allowance
- On call rota is well staffed on a 1:17 frequency with full CT and middle grade cover and attracts a Category A payment
- Full time staff grade cover for each inpatient ward
- We’re the biggest provider of post grad medical and undergraduate training for psychiatry in the north west and actively involved in the Foundation Programme
- We have a robust appraisal system along with great research, teaching and training opportunities in various subspecialties
- All new starters have the opportunity to participate in our new consultant development programme
- We’re one of the most active research trust’s in the UK, with one of the highest levels of recruitment to clinical trials for mental health
- We believe that having a work-life balance is essential and support flexible working
- Our non-pay benefits include: a cycle to work scheme, car leasing, gym membership and an occupational health and wellbeing service, as well as a salary sacrifice scheme for childcare vouchers and additional annual leave
- Opportunities for portfolio careers and special interests in a wide variety of sub-specialities are made easy with our innovative internal transfer mechanism.
We currently have the following posts available:
Closing date: 15 November 2018
Interview date: 29 November 2018
For more information contact Dr Nilika Perera on 0161 358 1930 or email@example.com
Meadowbrook is an adult mental health inpatient unit based on the Salford Royal Hospital site.
The unit accepts referrals from community mental health teams or GMMH’s liaison team based within the A&E department at Salford Royal.
Keats ward at the Meadowbrook Unit was the first ward internationally to implement all ten Safewards interventions.